Perth's Best Quality Exposed Aggregate Driveways (and More)
The most popular decorative concrete is exposed aggregate concrete. While many types of concrete are mixed with aggregates to add to the durability of the mixture, the distinct beauty seen in exposed aggregate surfaces comes from the specific manner of laying the concrete.
To achieve the lovely and unique look of exposed aggregate, we use a high end product to remove the top layer of concrete to reveal the mixed-in aggregate. The kinds of aggregate available to create this type of concrete surface are almost limitless.
Our expert designers create looks with more specific details by laying stones or other materials directly to the top of the concrete before the surface hardens. By using the exposed aggregate method, we assist our customers in creating a one of a kind blend to harmonise with the existing surroundings. The aggregate is mixed in with the concrete batch or set onto the surface, for a truly individualised look.
Our design consultants can help you work through the designing phase, and offer you expert suggestions, so you will be sure to love the finished product. An additional benefit of using an exposed aggregate in your outdoor areas is that weeds and unwanted grasses will not pop up in your patio or walkways.
Want a quote? Need more information? Fill out the contact form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Want a quality and affordable exposed aggregate driveway in Perth? Contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Exposed Aggregate Concrete?
- Durable and able to withstand a variety of weather extremes (including Perth’s harsh hot summer climate)
- Low maintenance requires only very occasional cleaning & resealing
- Nearly limitless variety of colour and texture
- Fast installation
- Cost effective
- Naturally skid and slip resistant (a useful attribute around pools)
- The joy of never having to weed between the cracks!
Other Things to Consider
- Your concrete should last 15-20 years—so it’s important you choose a highly reputable company
- When looking for the right exposed mix—use the roof, eaves and walls of your home to match colours
- Preparation is key to every project—proper reinforcement and compaction is a skill that takes years to master
Is Exposed Aggregate Just for Driveways?
There are several areas of your home’s exterior that are very well-suited for decorative exposed aggregate including:
- Garden paths
- Around spas and hot tubs
- Alfresco dining areas
- Pool surrounds
We regularly complete Perth driveways as far south as Baldivis/Mandurah, and as far north as Two Rocks. Whether you’re in Joondalup, Ellenbrook, Yanchep, Caversham, Wanneroo, Belmont, Perth CBD, Leederville, Victoria Park, Midland, Mundaring, Rockingham, Mandurah, Fremantle, Kalamunda, Morley or anywhere within 100km of the city, contact us for a free quote today.
We Use Only the Highest Quality Sealers
Making sure your new concrete driveway, pool surrounds or walkway is properly sealed is essential to the life and beauty of any concrete work. At Decorative Concrete WA, we give the same amount of care and attention to sealing your project as we give to every other part of our job. We use only the highest quality sealers available, those rated to keep out 99.5% of moisture. We see lower quality, less expensive sealers on the market which we will not use because we care about every detail of our craft.
Sealers come in two main types penetrating sealers and topical sealers.
- Penetrating sealers absorb into the concrete binding to it via a chemical reaction that takes place between the sealer and the concrete. The sealer is applied to concrete that is dry or slightly damp. The typical life span of penetrating sealers is five years.
- Topical sealers are, as the name suggests, coatings which stay on the surface of the concrete. These sealers are typically epoxy/urethane blends that work on dry surfaces. The topical sealers give a brilliant shine to concrete and have a life span of one to five years.
At Decorative Concrete WA, we will return to your home or business after two years to re-seal your concrete surfaces. All you need to do is call us and ask to schedule a re-sealing, and we will take care of everything.
Contact us today and experience the difference in working with Perth's decorative concrete experts.