How Does the Overlay System Work?
The polished concrete overlay system (similar to Pangaea) is a real game changer in the decorative concrete world!
Prior to the creation of the overlay system, if a customer wanted the look of finely polished aggregate on an already existing concrete floor in their home, it would be an engineering nightmare and close to impossible. In every case, it was too hard to accomplish and the project could not proceed.
Our new concrete veneer is a lot similar, safer and cost effective than the old method. We pour the overlay between 10mm to 15mm thick (similar to any other flooring system such as tiles or carpet), so it does not obstruct doors when opening or closing. This allows consumers to enjoy the look of beautiful polished aggregate concrete virtually anywhere in their home or business.
How Do We Apply It?
Our polished concrete overlay flooring system is a cement-based compound, enhanced with polymers and other ingredients, enabling it to be poured at 10-15mm.
Preparation is key before installing/pouring the overlay. Firstly, we will grind the slab to remove any inconsistency (highs and lows) in the slab. This process also cleans and scratches the surface; which is one of the key processes allowing our product to bond to the substrate. Once we have completely cleaned the working area, we will then apply the product across the floor between 10-15mm thick.
NOTE: The surface must cure three hours before it is safe for walking. It takes between eight and 24 hours of curing time before we can grind and polish your new surface to whatever level of shine you would like.
The Perfect Colour for Any Surrounding
When choosing polished concrete overlay for your home or business, please consider:
- We offer a large number of colours; so you can choose the colour and stone that best matches your surroundings.
- The material is made of over 50% natural stone, so it’s kind to the environment. Living in Perth, Western Australia, we are lucky enough to have access to the same stones/aggregates that our concrete suppliers have access to. This allows our team to be able to recreate any exposed, honed or polished aggregate mix that you may have seen at Home Base, Subiaco.
- Need help? Contact the Decorative Concrete WA team and we’ll happily answer any queries you have.
We offer a limited warranty on defective products (on indoor surfaces only).
We strongly recommend installing polished concrete overlay flooring on indoor surfaces only. We have installed this overlay flooring system in homes, offices, businesses, churches, and shopping centres. Our overlay system is similar to Pangaea flooring.
If you would like to use this type of flooring outdoors, we recommend installing it only under protected or partially enclosed areas such as a carport or a covered patio.
Advantages of The Polished Overlay System
- Low maintenance surface which cleans easily
- Seamless design
- Durable finish withstands heavy traffic and is suitable for commercial settings
- Allergen reduction because it does not hold dust mites or moulds
- Moisture proof and is not prone to damage caused by moulds, dust, or mildew
- Comes pretreated with antibacterial agents
- Reduced heating costs because the flooring gathers heat from the air and then uses it to help heat the room