To help you decide if decorative concrete is right for your home or office, here are a few frequently asked questions.
There are a number of reasons why decorative concrete works for home, office or commercial settings. It is:
- Cost-effective: Floors made of decorative concrete are easily comparable with ceramic, wood, and even quarry tile floors.
- Craftsmanship: Decorative Concrete WA has qualified professionals who have gained great experience with concrete jobs and the material itself. We offer a huge range of different colours and styles, so applications look unique and customisable.
- Healthy Option: Compared to other materials, including carpeting, decorative concrete is a great alternative for those who suffer from allergies and respiratory ailments.
- Durable and Versatile: Concrete is an incredibly durable material and can be adapted to a wide variety of applications.
This depends on what other types of flooring you are considering. Most ceramic, stone and marble floors will cost a lot more than a concrete floor that is expertly enhanced. While carpets, laminates, and vinyl usually come with a lower price tag, they cannot match concrete in resilience or ease of maintenance.
If you need further help, we recommend reading our ‘Concrete Versus Other Flooring‘ guide to compare decorative concrete to other common flooring surfaces.
Exposed aggregate is a value-for-money investment. The cost depends on a number of factors including the size of the space, the location, and the existing surface to work on.
For an obligation-free quote, contact our team. We will give you an estimate on how much the project will cost, including a list of the materials and other components. This way, you know exactly how much the project will cost, and where your money is being spent.
While all types of hard flooring have the potential to become slippery when wet, we make your decorative concrete surface safe and slip resistant by adding a polymer grit to the concrete when mixing it. Adding the polymer will increase the amount of friction between you and the concrete, however it’s not visible to the naked eye.
If you are using concrete in slippery areas such as near a pool, we recommend checking our ‘Which Concrete Surface is Right For You‘ guide to help you choose the right surface for your needs.
Absolutely! Decorative Concrete WA offers free advice to homeowners and all our clients.
We do not just focus on the look of our finished product. We also help you address certain concerns, including drainage and your future concreting needs.
Additionally, our contractors are licensed with insurance to cover damages and injuries that may occur on-site. Our staff are fully certified and trained, so you know you’re getting quality from a team with 15+ years of experience.
A common misconception with concrete is that it only exists in grey. Decorative concrete offers you a variety of hues to choose from (you can view our full range of finishes here). Integral colouring allows the products to get a full-depth colour, which is usually when colours are mixed throughout the material.
Stains, which can either be passive or reactive, enable the modification of concrete into a colourful work of art that lasts. A decorative floor is most desirable when it is mottled and variegated. The result is a realistic and appealing look that you can only achieve with the help of our professionals here at Decorative Concrete WA.
There are a few reasons that concrete floors are a good choice for homes with pets. These include:
- We finish our concrete with non-toxic materials. Using these safe products protects pets who come in contact with the surface.
- Once sealed, most concrete surfaces are virtually scratch proof. Therefore, you do not need to worry about errant paws and claws. NOTE: some surfaces (such as polished aggregate) are not recommend for use in areas where pets frequent.
- Concrete will not trap dander or other allergens. Additionally, it will not offer a safe home for mites, fleas, and other pests.
- The surfaces are easy to clean and stain resistant.
Traditionally, hardness and durability make concrete a sought after flooring material. However, when used indoors, concerns are raised about detrimental effects of the hardness of concrete. In a home setting, using rugs or padded mats soften concrete considerably.
If concrete is poured and not enhanced, the flat gray surface looks industrial. This is suitable for a range of commercial applications, as well as certain residential designs.
However, if you’d like to enhance your concrete surface we have a gallery brimming with examples of our decorative concrete work. With so many methods and materials at our disposal, we virtually never make the same design twice.
The time to complete the job will depend on several factors. When weather conditions are right, it can take one to two hours for the aggregate to hold firmly. In some cases, it can take at least six hours. Slow curing is essential, as this gives the concrete its great strength.
We often advise our customers to refrain from walking on the concreted path for about a week. Before starting the project, we will give you a timeframe of when we expect to finish.
Outdoor concrete work can be unpredictable. The most significant factor is the weather, which we obviously cannot control.
We always have a backup plan to ensure that we will still be able to finish our work on time. However, if it will take longer, rest assured that you will know about it. We believe that communication between the customers and us is the key to a happy relationship.
Concrete does not require a lot of maintenance. However, you should be aware that it is always recommended to take care of your new driveway, floor, entertaining area or other concrete surface. Sealing it every few years will make it last longer. The frequency will depend on the usage of the space.