Give Your Home or Business a Smooth, Professional Look
Honed aggregate is technically another type of exposed aggregate with some distinctive differences. The same materials used to make exposed aggregate make honed aggregate. Since the materials are the same, if you opt for this type of surface, you will have the same variety of stones and vast numbers of colour choices as you would have with exposed aggregate.
The detail that sets honed aggregate apart from exposed aggregate is the fact that honed aggregate is ground down, giving the material a much smoother finish than exposed aggregate. This smooth finish tends to add a modern flair to the areas where it is used and makes your surfaces “ouch-less”, a great feature if you have children running around your home.
Where is Honed Aggregate Suitable?
Honed aggregate is a viable choice for many of the same places that exposed aggregate works. These include:
- Alfresco areas
- Surrounding pools
- Surrounding spas
- High traffic areas
- Indoor areas like foyers, bathrooms, or kitchens
- Kitchen counters
- Driveways (though a structurally sound choice, many of our customers believe the smoother finish of honed aggregate is not desirable for driveways)
Another detail about honed concrete is that we are often able to hone your existing exposed aggregate. Honing exposed aggregate already in place is a great way for you to save money, while updating the look of your home or business.
Some reasons you may choose to have our team of professionals hone your current exposed aggregate:
- Refreshes your present concrete surfaces
- Often removes stains which may have developed over time
- Turns old lackluster exposed aggregate into a refined feature
- Cost effective
- Time-saving method that requires no concrete pouring
- Eliminates the need to remove and dispose of the old concrete
The benefits of honed aggregate far outweigh the negative aspects of this type of decorative concrete.
- Surface is scratch resistant
- Very low maintenance and highly durable
- Easy to clean with just a broom and a garden hose
- Moisture resistant
- Comfortable and slip resistant
- Repairs are costly
- Initial investment may be high