Hospitality Flooring: Bars, Restaurants, Hotels and More
There are strict standards to adhere to if you’re in the hospitality industry, including flooring requirements. Your restaurant, bar, or hotel, whether you’re opening your very first establishment or planning to remodel, flooring is one of the many decisions you have to make. While you may have other priorities, you should not take your final flooring choice lightly.
Hospitality flooring should be designed to go with the look and feel of the business. At the same time, it should be durable, mainly because customers will be coming in and out of the facilities. In most cases, commercial flooring wears faster than flooring in residential spaces. The high amount of foot traffic that restaurants and other businesses in the hospitality industry receive on a daily basis significantly contribute to the quick wear and tear of floors.
You want a flooring material that can withstand these regular beatings. Replacing floors can take several days or weeks, meaning you have to close for a while until the process is complete. There are now several choices for flooring materials, but one that has stood out for a long time is concrete.
Why Concrete is the Best Choice
In the hospitality sector, flooring is often the basis of the décor aesthetic. But it’s not just about the looks; it should also be functional and safe. Concrete meets all these specifications. The material is durable, making it safe and cost-effective for businesses. At the same time, it is also attractive with coatings or designs that can enhance the appearance of high-traffic hard floor surfaces, including restaurant floors and hotel lobbies.
Concrete can be coated to improve traction. The last thing you want is to have your customers slipping and falling. These accidents can damage your business and reputation, which is why you should ensure the surface is never slippery.
Another huge issue with commercial spaces is spilt liquid. In restaurants, most especially, you have to deal with beverage and food spills. Concrete is perfect for these situations, which is why it is an ideal flooring solution, even for kitchens. Grease can be tricky to remove, but concrete offers protection against stains. Therefore, regular maintenance becomes easier and more manageable.
Concrete flooring meets necessary flooring standards in the hospitality industry. Not only that, but it’s also easy on the budget. You do not have to change your interior design because concrete can easily fit with the existing surroundings.
Concrete Flooring Options for the Hospitality Industry
Various concrete surfaces are perfect for hospitality businesses. You can either go for one seamless look or use different types of concrete surfaces. The most popular option is polished concrete, which you can use for your restaurant’s kitchen floor, for example.
An alternative to polished concrete is a polished overlay, which is used for covering up flaws and cracks. If you do not want to tear up the whole floor, you can conceal the problems using an overlay. Both overlays and polished concrete have the same benefits and primary function.
Here’s why polished concrete is excellent for establishments, such as fast food outlets, restaurants, and any space with commercial kitchens:
- Durability: Concrete can withstand constant foot traffic. Busy kitchens can mean plate drops and food and liquid spills. But you never have to worry about your kitchen floors because you can count on them even with frequent heavy use.
- Surface Traction: Polished concrete is shiny, which can seem like it’s a slippery surface. In reality, it can have enhanced grip, making slips less of a possibility.
- Wear Resistance: You want a floor with a useful lifespan, and polished concrete can provide this benefit. It’s known for its ability to stay shiny and appealing while other flooring types look old and worn.
- Easy Maintenance: With food prepared in the kitchens, everything must be clean, organised, and disinfected. There are strict standards to follow when cleaning and maintaining a commercial kitchen. One thing is for sure: it’s not easy. When it comes to tidying things up, polished concrete excels. It’s water-resistant and does not stain. Spills are not a hassle to deal with, which only require mopping with warm water. Maintenance for concrete floors can be added to the daily cleaning routine since they do not usually need any special treatment.
- Customisation: Branding is essential in the hospitality industry. It’s tough to compete with the more prominent names, which is why you should look for ways that allow people, especially potential customers, to remember you.
Hotels can also benefit from polished concrete. Hotel halls and restaurants can use this type of concrete flooring despite the more demanding requirements. Ground, hardened concrete has become prevalent in hotels and inns, particularly for lobbies, bars, restaurants, and plazas. All these sections require flooring that’s incredibly resilient and sturdy.
Concrete is so durable that it can withstand pressure from anything that restaurants, hotels, and any other hospitality facilities throw at it. From furniture legs to heavy appliances and even the customers’ high heels, these constant beatings can quickly degrade the look of other flooring materials.
Concrete floors are versatile. Whether you have an overlay or polished concrete, you can transform the flooring of the space. It’s suitable for any room, including:
- Dining rooms
- Coffee bars
- Hotel lobbies
- Changing rooms
- Meeting spaces
- Pool decks
- Guest rooms
The style of your flooring can transform your hospitality industry facility. Choosing the right look, style, and feel of the floors can redefine the entire space. Concrete and its variations, such as polished concrete, can be used anywhere, such as your restaurant, hotel, casino, theatre, and more. Your flooring system can dramatically showcase the surrounding architecture while still creating that home-away-from-home feeling. You can even incorporate your company’s logo in direct traffic areas.
Decorative Concrete WA has concrete flooring formulas that come with all the benefits mentioned above. Whether you choose polished concrete or any other type of flooring material, you can be sure that your floors will meet Australian guidelines and standards. Plus, our experts will ensure that your flooring looks great for the years to come. Contact us for a quick quote today.